Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Make a Wish Birthday Card With 3D Impresslits

Sara Emily Barker http://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Make a Wish Birthday Card With 3D Impresslits  1

Hello friends! My prayers are for each one of you who may be affected by hurricane Florence. Please stay safe and look out for your neighbors, especially the elderly. I just have a quick post today, because we need to finalize our hurricane preparations.  This is a card I made for my sister in law's birthday featuring Tim Holtz 3D Impresslits Texture Fade Burst, several of his Thinlits die sets, and his Glorious Bouquet stamp. Links to products used are at the end of my post.

Sara Emily Barker http://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Make a Wish Birthday Card With 3D Impresslits  2

I embossed Glorious Bouquet in Ranger Princess Gold embossing powder for the background, and blended with Shaded Lilac Distress ink. I also embossed the Bursts in gold and edged with Shaded Lilac Distress Oxide. I don't own this stamp yet, but Autumn's friend let us use hers when we had some wonderful crafty time together last spring. I didn't have my Stamp Platform with me, so my impression is less than perfect. The Bursts are a wonderful save and hide my imperfection!

Sara Emily Barker http://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Make a Wish Birthday Card With 3D Impresslits  3

Garden Greens, Wildflowers and Wildflowers #2 Thinlits die cuts were colored with oxides and some gold embossed. The lace from my stash was dyed with Shaded Lilac oxide, and the sentiment is a Small Talk sticker is also inked with oxide.

Sara Emily Barker http://sarascloset1.blogspot.com/ Make a Wish Birthday Card With 3D Impresslits  4

I splattered the background with watered down ink and layered the panel over a Frayed Burlap ink edged panel of textured card from my stash. I die cut and snipped a few Skeleton Leaves in white card for some relief from all that gold and lavender. 

That's all from me for today; perhaps for a while. The local news is warning our power may be out for weeks if this hurricane upgrades to a Cat 4 and passes over Wilmington NC as predicted. Please keep the east coast of USA in your prayers. I'm just so thankful it's not predicted to hit Florida, where my Mom lives.

Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily


14 comments:

  1. The gold is so beautiful against the lilac! Such great layering. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, stay safe, Sara Emily. Sending prayers your way, my friend. I hope it's not as bad as they are predicting. We had torrential rain on Saturday and it knocked out our power for 24 hours and that was bad enough. I can't imagine days or even weeks.

    Your card is absolutely stunning!! The gold looks amazing!! Your layers are perfect and I love the colors!! Gorgeous, gorgeous card!! Stay safe and sending big hugs your way :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara Emily, this card is so beautiful in gold and shades of purple. I love how you finished the bursts too. A lovely birthday card!
    I do hope that hat everything is alright, these hurricanes can be so destructive and the rains alone are predicted to be unreal. I will keep you and all in its path in my prayers. Stay sage my friend, hugs to you. ~Ann. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, please keep yourself and your family safe and I hope the hurricane are not as strong as predicted. I will be thinking of you.

    Your card is gorgeous, I love the combination of the colour shades you chose and I love the addition of the beautiful lace. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! The embossing and beautiful die cuts make the perfect floral scene.Gorgeous!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Sara! Purple is my fav so this automatically drew me in! I love your layers -you always do them so well!
    Jackie xo

    ps..how was your vacation? Did you have a good time and are you going to share some photos?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful birthday card, Sara Emily! Love the shine created by embossing. Prayers for you and all in the hurricane's path. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Sara Emily, lovely shade with the gold embossing.
    Hope this hurricane isn't as strong as they are predicting, stay safe.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS blues and silver combination, love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Sara this card is so gorgeous!! I love that purplish blue and gold combination, so elegant and beautiful! I adore also how you have arranged the embellishments and the lace ribbon is just stunning!!

    Sending lots of prayers your way, I so hope all of you will stay safe, dry and warm. We don't get weather like that here, it must be terrifying. Big hugs, Astrid xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sara, you never cease to amaze me with your amazing color combinations and fabulous textures. This lavender, white and metallic gold look so richly bold, and yet, soft and pure as spring time freshness. Beautiful! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my sweet friend, I am praying for you and everyone in the hurricane's path. I am trusting our dear Lord to keep you safe.
    Your card is stunning The color palette is gorgeous and I adore the embossing. It is pure elegance. The sweet lace adds the loveliest touch of softness. Beautifully done, my friend. Keeping you so close in heart and can't wait to hear that all is well after it passes.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is just beautiful, Sara Emily, and your SIL is lucky to receive it! I love the gold together with the shaded lilac, just a beautiful combination. I love your gold bursts, so pretty! Stay safe in the storm, you're in my prayers. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.