Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Shabby Thankful Card for Scrapy Land Challenge #76 Anything Goes

Hello friends and visitors! This is my second post for today, a little different from my Halloween creation HERE. Today starts the newest Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land! I've made a thank you card for someone special using multiple die cuts and plenty of mixed media products.


The purple panel and flowers (Sizzix Small Tattered Florals) are colored with Distress Oxides in Seedless Preserves and Black Soot. The centers are Mini Art Stones heat embossed with Copper Sparkle embossing powder. The tiny flowers are also die cut from the same set. Scrapy Land sells lots of other daisy dies.


The barnwood panel and Impression-Obsession Twig Wreath are colored with Color Bursts in Lamp Black and Burnt Umber. I toned the barnwood panel down with DecoArt Chalky Everlasting paint and stamped with a couple of background stamps by BoBunny.


The tiny butterflies are colored with DOX Peacock Feathers and Perfect Pearl spray in copper. They are cut from an old Sizzix Decorative Strip Butterfly Frenzy die. Impression Obsession makes a similar sized butterfly die HERE.

My leaves are cut from Sizzix  Fall Foliage Thinlits set, and they and the brown panel are heat embossed with copper sparkle embossing powder.

The honeycomb (Sizzix  Alterations Frameworks Honeycomb) is heat embossed with black and copper EP and colored with DecoArt Media paints in English Red Oxide and Cobalt Teal Hue and finally Patina Green Antiquing Cream. Before adding the copper embossing powder, I gave it a coat of Deco Art Ultra Matte Varnish. While the varnish was still wet, I added the embossing powder and heated. Paper Smooches also makes a honeycomb and Scrapy Land sells plenty of other honeycomb dies.


The sentiment label is wood grain cardstock  scrap left over from one of my coffins HERE. I used Sizzix Thinits Labels to make the label and Seasonal and Chit Chat stickers for my sentiment. Memory Box makes a similar die.





That's it for me! I hope you pop over to the blog and see the amazing inspiration made by my teammates! Then, please play along with our Anything Goes challenge. Everyone who plays along and follows the guidelines is in the running for a $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land. The team will also choose a winner and their favorites from the gallery. The chosen winner also receives a $10 gift certificate to the shop! I hope you'll join us this time!

I'm playing along with these challenges:
Stamping Sensations October - Autumn Glory Woodgrain Bo Bunny stamp.

Southern Girls Stripey Days Are Here Again With Team Lou My stripes are in the wood grain and my Chit Chat sticker sentiment.

Thank you for taking your time to stop by today and for all your lovely comments!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily



28 comments:

  1. Oh, what a beautiful card, Sara Emily! Love that you used so many different dies to create this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love all the mixed media elements. The honeycomb for the backdrop is such a great idea - I never think to use just a portion of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! So artsy ... I love it!! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Leaves’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful mixed media card! I love all the elements you included on this card! Your purple flowers turned out gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely in love with this one - superb composition, and such variation in the colours and textures of the elements. Love the rustic woodgrain, the rusty trellis and shimmering leaves - so much tactile delight here!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this! The barnwood panel looks amazing for the background. The colors look amazing. The purple really pops against the background and wow oh wow..the flowers are stunning!! I just love the arrangements of the
    sentiments as well. Such a fabulous creation..you are SO talented!!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally digging on the colors here Sarah! Love that purply-ish-ous purple! Looks good enough to taste! ewe! heehee
    Love your layers,my friend!
    Jackie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is absolutely stunning, Sara Emily!! What gorgeous colors!! I love the patina on the honeycomb piece and the copper leaves!! The flowers are beautiful!! This is just so gorgeous!! Another work of art, my friend!! Love!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a glorious piece Sara Emily. So many mixed media elements making it a fab entry to our mixed media with autumnal hues challenge over at Country View. I love the purple flowers, they add such a delicate pop of colour. Thanks for joining in with the fun x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is really pretty! Love all your elements! Thanks so much for linking up at HLS Anything Goes with Dies Oct Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely different to your other post! This is so beautiful, I love those gorgeous flowers you created and the texture on the honeycomb is superb. Love this.... a lot!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card Sara. You have used lovely dies and the embossing and colouring of them has a wonderful effect. Beautiful flowers too. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps and at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sara, exquisite design and such beautiful colors. Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this looks fabulous. Beautiful shabby card with an eye for detail.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
    Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just on a catch up after my holidays and what a gorgeous card, love the colour of the flowers with the pops of blue butterflies agains the neutral background.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sigh.... This was such a breath of fresh air for me my sweet and oh so talented friend! The vibrant color with just enough earthiness to satisfy my grungy heart. Oh oh oh, how I love this! I'm totally pinning this and may have to CASE it so I can get my mojo back. You have truly delighted me today! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!! This is awesome Sara!! You have used some gorgeous dies for this card and the colour mix is fabulous!! Absolutely amazing creation!! hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your colorful creation, Sara Emily! I love your color combos, and really love the glittery copper leaves! Love how your twig wreath turned out - I have those same Color Bursts and will have to try them together. Your flowers really pop - love this! Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a GORGEOUS mixed media creation. I love all of the color, texture and dimension. Fantastic card. Thanks for linking up and playing with us at Happy Little Stampers October Anything Goes With Dies Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely stunning! Congrats on making Top 3 over at heARTful stamping challenge this week. I just love this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow Sara, this card is beautiful!!! I love the whole design but I have to mention separately your gorgeous DOX coloured flowers and the honeycomb! Your painting and embossing process made your honeycomb so realistic - like a black metal grill with some rust! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fantastic ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love your ability to combine the softness of shabby chic with the grunge of vintage and eroded! The textures are so strong and amazing that I want to reach into my screen and touch it, but yet the pastels tones and the delicate flowers and butterflies add a femininity that grab my girly side! It's just such a unique style combination and I am amazed at how well you marry the two together so it looks like they were meant to be together all along! A wonderful project Sara, just incredible!! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! Love all the mixed media elements !
    hugs
    Maryvonne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very beautiful card!
    Thank you for joining as at Mixed Media Place!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Sara,
    Thanks for your enthusiastic comments this week. I too was looking at previous posts. Found these lovely flowers on Google searching for inspiration. The colours are wonderful so rich and bright just gorgeous work. Its great you put all this out there for all to share in your creative adventures. Long live blogs love xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.