Sunday, October 30, 2016

12 Tags of 2016-October-Christmas Version

Hello again! I'm back with my second post today and with a second version of Tim's 12 Tags of 2016-October Remix tag. This time I've made a Christmas version. I thought the background technique really lended itself to the Christmas season, and couldn't wait to try out my new Dimensional Stars Thinlits die. Well, not new, but the first time I've used it.


Tim's October tag is really a knockout, and you can see his fabulous version here. I followed his instructions fairly well at first, but creativity started to take over, and I added a few of my own ideas. I used Tim's Festive Ephemera pack for the background, and used the Crazing as he instructed. I used Hickory Smoke and Picket Fence crayon to bring out the crazing, but added a spritz of Perfect Pearl spray and splattered Picket Fence Distress paint.


I had planned to use just the stars as the dimensional element, but thought I'd see what it looked like with a tree. I cut a Woodlands Thinlit tree from cheapo green paper, just as a trial, but because my machine didn't cut it through on the first pass, I couldn't poke the pieces all the way out. I liked the dimensional look, and decided to layer on the foil tape tree over it. Instead of the Black Soot, I used Picket Fence to color the foil tree.

I still used one of the stars and embossed it with Starry Night Texture Fade and colored with Tarnished Brass and Picket Fence Distress paints, following Tim's technique.


A Christmastime Remnant Rub and Word Band add interest at the bottom. I turned the Word Band over and used the back for another Remnant Rub. Picket Fence paint finishes off the band and brads.


A Typed Token highlighted with Picket Fence Distress crayon and some Crinkle Ribbon already colored from my stash--I guess it's Brushed Pewter.



Thank you, Tim, for another inspirational tutorial and challenge!

I am sharing this with these challenges:
-Allsorts Week # 387- Let's Get A Start on Christmas This is my first Christmas project.
-Die Cut Divas October is a Time to Emboss I embossed the star with a starry embossing folder.
Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge #152-Tag, You're It Theme With Ribbon or Trim Thank you, Karen for inviting me to enter!

Thank you for your visit and lovely comments! They mean so much to me!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

UPDATE: Yippee!

25 comments:

  1. Wow, amazing details and use of images! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooh my, Sara, I am blown away by your Christmas version of Tim's tag! I adore your dimensional star, your dreamy collage background and that awesome tree you have created! I am sure it's even more stunning in real life! I love your amazing idea to use the Perfect Pearls spray! Brilliantly done, my friend! Have a wonderful spooky day, my friend! Big hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is so beautiful, I adore this Christmas interpretation of Tim's tag, you are so imaginative and creative with your designs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A super Christmas creation and perfect for our Christmas theme this week, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb! Sara Emily. I LOVE everything about it. Creativity at its very best.You, my lovely lady have created an outright winner , imho .
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful Christmas version of Tim's October Remix Technique Tag!!! Absolutely stunning, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever to make a Christmas version of Tim's tag, it is absolutely fabulous - love how you used the Picket Fence, it lightens it so much more. Love the star too, I didn't realise the die was small, it looks amazing! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so glad you went for round two! This is just beautiful! I realize I totally forgot to crackle - oops! That really adds a great touch on your tag. Good luck sweetie. Your tags are always winners in my book. <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful tag Sara - you have really have done a fabulous job with this - love the token and the tree!
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Americana-meets-contemporary tag, Sara! Love it! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely beautiful Sara - I love your take on this tag - stunning! I hope it wins! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous tag, a great bit WOW from me.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Christmas version!! the tree is just gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another stunning tag, Sara Emily! I do love your Christmas theme for these techniques. I love how you did the tree half and half, and that star is awesome, too. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous holiday tag Sara! I love that tree die, may have to grab me one of those now that I see how fantastic it looks! Your background is just incredible, what a wonderful collage of Christmassy images! I really loved your Halloween tag too, you are rocking the tags this year my friend!! Have a great day, sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did I miss this?? It's absolutely stunning!! I love the tree!! I've been trying to decide if I need that die or not and now I see that I absolutely do!! You've showcased it perfectly!! The crazing is perfect and I love that dimensional star!! What a gorgeous tag this is!! I love, love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just love this! Fabulous background and the tree looks amazing. Brilliant take on the October combo.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  18. My cutting machine does the same thing and almost never cuts through all the way, especially for any of the thinner dies. Maybe time for a new one? I dunno. Your layered tree is the bomb though and looks so dimensional! That star is beautiful and I can totally tell you had a lovely time with this tag. Awesome sauce and gorgeous and so perfect for the season. Can't believe it is that time already. Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there, Sara! What a FABULOUS tag! Such amazing texture and so many great elements to this. Great job. Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us. We always enjoy having you play along, and hope that you will join us again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. This tag would be PERFECT for our Tag Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon. I hope you will link it up with us there as well:
    http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. I'm delighted to have you play along. I really LOVE your tag.
      Blessings,
      Karen
      Really Reasonable Ribbon

      Delete
  20. I saw your link on RRR and wanted to stop by your blog and say what a beautiful tag this is!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely tag and a great addition to our challenge. Thanks for Playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loving this beautiful tag! Thanks for joining Really Reasonable Ribbon Tag Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.