Sunday, August 7, 2016

A Blast From the Past for Emerald Creek Dares

Dear friends and visitors, welcome! You may have remembered this from the not too distant past, and here it is for it's encore at Emerald Creek Dares, one of my favorite challenge blogs. Kim, the owner, always has such fun challenge themes, and this time she invites us to link up one of our personal favorite posts from the past. It's not often you get to have a "second chance", so I thought I'd play along. Here is a favorite creation and you can find additional close ups and details on my blog here.





This one was really a blast from the past, because I was able to recycle a texture pasted journal page gone bad. I also used OLD stamps. Kind of a blast of the past, PAST! I also love shades of blue, texture, mixed media, birds, and flowers, so it is a favorite of mine. It won a few challenges, so I suppose it was a favorite of a few others, too!




Thank you for your visit today! If you choose to leave a comment again, that would be fabulous! Please don't feel like you have to if you've already seen this! I know your blogging time is precious!
Big hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

19 comments:

  1. It deserves a second look because it's absolutely stunning!! The layers, the colors, the details - spectacular!! The flowers and frame are amazing!! I love it just as much as the last time - maybe more!! A work of art my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorites of yours, Sara Emily! I just love everything about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Sara..gorgeous colours..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember this beauty Sara, those gorgeous blues and the beautiful frame - definitely worth a second look! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad I get to see this Sara, I would have missed this beauty otherwise. Loving seeing your work xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmm yummy! Layers upon layers of lovely blue with pokes of whites peeking through. I really love it, I do. And this poem is at its end because I'm not really a poet. Lol! Seriously though, this is gorgeous in so many different ways and fantabulous and awesome sauce dearie! I must have missed this one in my absence. Thank goodness for the blast from the past. Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I remember this stunner so well, Sara! This fantastic piece of art definitely deserves a second look because it's spectacular, my friend! Love it, love it, love it! Big hugs to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see why its a favourite Sara, it's beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun challenge theme, and you sure picked a beautiful project to link up. Not sure how you narrowed down though, I can think of about a hundred favourites of yours that would have done the trick. tee hee. sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is beautiful and I love seeing that your style has remained constant. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are sharing this again because it is beautiful and I don't remember it from before!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bird so beautiful framed on this Sara Emily! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh My! This is fabulous! I seem to be behind everywhere at the moment so please forgive my haste here! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sara Emily! I wanted to thank you for visiting my blog this morning - what an awesome way to start the day with your awesome comments! Always great to hear from you ;-)
    Of course I had to post this on one of my favorite projects of yours, but I'm also looking forward to seeing what goodies you come up with for Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, as always, Sara Emily!! I am back after a long break from blogging.....so looking forward to catching up with your work! Hope you had a fab summer! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful blast from the past - gorgeous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous and a very worthy piece of a second posting ! Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Precious and so very beautiful -
    sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.