Sunday, July 31, 2016

Rest in Peace 12 Tags of 2016-July


Hello friends and visitors! Thank you to all of you who left such sweet comments on my blog for the last several postings. If I haven't been by to visit, I will try to soon. We have been away on vacation and came home to a few matters that needed my attention.

So here it is, the last day of July, and I've just finished my tag for Tim's 12 Tags of 2016 July challenge. Just a few more hours before the challenge closes...I hope Tim looks at late entries.


The Technique Remix this month is Watercolor Resist-Layered Words. It seems like just yesterday when I was linking up my entries for these two! Please pop over to his blog to see Tim's artful tag, if perhaps you've missed it. Complete instructions are given in his easy to follow tutorial on his blog.  I won't go into any detail on how I made this, as I pretty much followed his instructions and wow! I even had all the supplies! I did have to use a different set of Thinlit words to fit my Halloween theme.

I had to do some masking to get this to work--the dark hat didn't do much for the Layered Words technique. I ended up doing this 3x to get it to look like this. I masked off the top of the top hat with painters tape before inking, and I was extra careful to remember to remove the tape before stamping. BUT, I replaced the mask before stamping the obituaries without removing the top part of the hat, too, and ended up with a blank space--DUH! Haste makes a lot of waste!



This guy's eyes looked a little hollow, so I thought he might look better with stars in his eyes! Notice the stitching...after cursing my old heavy sewing machine for so long, I realized I had a fun little light number a friend gave me a couple of years ago and it works like a charm! I thought I would give it it's debut here today. The pen nib says memoirs, and it looks like he's written his in blood!


It may be a little early for Halloween, but I was inspired by all the new Halloween supplies Tim has shipping now. I need to clear out the old to make room for the new!

This tag was such a blast to make, so even if Tim doesn't look at the late entries, it was worth it just to have a bit of crafty fun and stretch my Halloween muscles again. I wanted to photograph him with some caskets I made using some Distress products, but time was running short to get this posted.  You can always view them herehere, and here if you have an extra minute.


I'm sharing this tag with the following challenges:
Country View Challenges July Challenge Have Fun With Circles I have one circle unless you count the eye sockets then it's three:):).

Thank you for stopping by today and for all your lovely comments!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

21 comments:

  1. Now we are talkin'!!!! Woohoo for Halloween Queen :)
    Love your tag Sara Emily, can't wait to see more of Halloween stuff...
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you are so creative!! I absolutely love your Halloween take on Tim's tag!! Wow!! It's spook-tacular!! The colors are awesome!! The red stitching is such a fabulous touch!! And stars in his eyes - love it!! You rocked this month's tag my friend!! And you've made me want to start my Halloween projects, too!! Have a wonderful evening!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara ... This is soooooo cool. Love the Halloween take on Tim's July tag. Awesome colors and embellishments. Such a great tag!!!! Hugs -- Mary Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tag Sara! That is funny we both love Halloween and used the same stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Sara Emily, what a super cool take on Tim's tag! The colors, the dictionary page, the red stitching, that stamp, those stars in the eyes, everything is just perfect here! An absolute winner in my opinion! Brilliantly done, my friend! Lots of love to you! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. NEVER too early for Halloween, if you ask me. This is *hella* cool... I'm not a super creepy girl, but I do L-O-V-E the macabre. SOOOO well done, from the background to the nib+thread to the wicked-cool eyes! This is rad and I love it. Bring on the pumpkin spice lattes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NEVER too early for Halloween, if you ask me. This is *hella* cool... I'm not a super creepy girl, but I do L-O-V-E the macabre. SOOOO well done, from the background to the nib+thread to the wicked-cool eyes! This is rad and I love it. Bring on the pumpkin spice lattes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Halloween tag! My fave holiday to create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your interpretion of Tim's tag is fabulous! love love love every detail! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely and utterly fabulous, Halloween is my favourite time of year and I love the top hatted skull - you have made his eyes look amazing, I love the purple, the text, the red ribbon and best of all the dripping pen nib!! Love, love, love!!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne, once again for inspiring me to use my sewing machine! Hugs!

      Delete
  11. Yikes! Fabulous Halloweenie tag, using Tim's example! Sara, you are so spooktacularly creative! Love the "starry " eyes! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag is fabulous, Sara Emily, and not too early to be thinking about that fun season coming up. I love your Halloween projects - so fun to look at! Love the purple and pop of red - just the right touch. I looked at your coffins and remember seeing those posts previously - so awesome :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This dark style piece looks uber cool! Really enjoying looking at all the details here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yippee for Sara dolls Halloween designs. I get super excited to see your creepy stuff. This one is just as inspiring and that red thread takes the cake for the placement of the pen nib. Hot diggity that is clever and creepy cool! The star eyes are totes awesome sauce! This tag is so much better than the original. Wowzers and fantabulous! Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete
  15. bwaaa haaahaaaa Creepy and cool is your ghoulish tag! Glad to see you-been missing you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just UGLY Sara - but of course, it's UGLY in an INCREDIBLE ARTSY way! I know how you love Halloween so it's fun that you got an early start. He's quite debonair for his world.... there is not a gal anywhere that won't love looking into his sexy star eyes. Fun project. j.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sarah, great tag presentation!!! Looking forward to your entry at Southern Ridge Trading Co.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous take on Tims tag ! Sara Emily So original and grungily gruesome .
    mwahhhhhhh!
    hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is hysterical and I don't know how I ever missed it!!! I must be getting senile!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.